MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe — DIVE IN. Analog bucket-brigade technology, Bass & Treble controls, Flanger & X-Over, true bypass. Check it out
Bass of the Week: F Bass BNF Fretless
The F Bass BNF is a fretless version of their BN model that the company says offers a “traditional fretless tone.” Available in 4-, 5- and 6-string versions, the BNF features a sleek Gabon ebony fingerboard, a 3-piece quartersawn maple neck, and a body constructed of a maple center block and ash wings.
Its pickups are a pair of stacked, hum-canceling single-coils that are controlled with separate volume knobs to blend any amount of each into your signal. The electronics are active/passive with a passive tone control and 3-band EQ for boosting bass, mid, and treble frequencies. Pulling up on the Tone knob puts the bass into passive mode, while pulling up on the Bridge pickup Volume knob engages a coil tap for both pickups resulting in a louder, fuller tone.
Other standard features include a Hipshot A Style bridge, black Gotoh tuners, and handmade African Blackwood knobs. The BNF has a host of options for finishes and exotic tops.
The F Bass BNF is handmade in Canada. For more info, check out the F Bass website.
F Bass BNF Photo Gallery:
F Bass BNF Specs:
- 4, 5, or 6-strings
- Neck Wood: 3 piece quarter-sawn maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Gabon Ebony (Black)
- Body Wood: Maple Centreblock with Ash Wings
- Tuners: Black Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
- Bridge: Black Hipshot A Style, strings through body
- Knobs: Handmade African Blackwood
- Pickups: Two F Bass stacked, single coil/hum-cancelling, magnetic pickups
- Strings: F Bass Stainless Steel Exposed Core