Squier is adding to their Affinity Series this year with a new Precision Bass PJ model. Building on a traditional P-bass style, the new bass includes a single-coil Jazz Bass pickup in the bridge position for further tonal variety. Other new features include a two-color headstock logo and a three-ply black/white/black pickguard.
The Affinity Series Precision Bass PJ is built with an alder body available in Olympic White, Black, and Metallic Red finishes. Its maple neck is topped with a rosewood fingerboard fitted with 20 medium jumbo frets. The pickups are controlled with separate volume knobs as well as a Master Tone control.
The Squier Affinity Series Precision Bass PJ is shipping now with a street price of $179.99. For more info, check out the Fender website.
Squier Affinity Series Precision Bass PJ Specs:
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Colors: Olympic White, Black, Metallic Red
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.5˝ (38.1 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5˝ Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Scale Length: 34˝ (864 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black (B/W/B)
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Pickups: Standard Split Single-Coil Precision Bass in Middle Position, Single-Coil Jazz Bass in Bridge Position
- Controls: Volume (Middle Pickup), Volume (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone