IK Multimedia has announced the latest in their mobile musical interfaces, called the iRig PRO. The compact device allows for connecting audio and MIDI to your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with a combo XLR/1/4″ input for connecting microphones, basses or guitars as well as inputs for MIDI controllers.
The iRig PRO sports a single Gain knob and a low-noise preamp for transparency. It also supports phantom power for use with condenser microphones. The package is completed with three cables to connect to your iOS or Mac: a Lightning cable for newer iPhones, iPads and the iPad mini; a 30-pin dock connector for older devices; and a USB cable for connection to your Mac laptop or desktop.
The IK Multimedia iRig PRO is shipping worldwide this month with a street price of $149.99. For more info, check out the IK Multimedia website.
IK Multimedia iRig PRO Details:
- LED light for device status
- Balanced input for a mic-, line-level, or Hi-Z source, via XLR/1/4″ combo jack connector
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality mic and instrument preamp, low noise, high definition
- 24-bit A/D conversion
- MIDI IN, compatible with iRig MIDI cables
- +48V phantom power provided by included 9V battery
- Sturdy, durable construction
- Powered by mobile device or USB when plugged into Mac
- 30-pin, Lightning, USB, and MIDI cables included
- Comes with complete suite of music-making software and apps