IK Multimedia has introduced the iRig BlueBoard, a wireless MIDI pedalboard for use with iOS and Mac devices. Using Bluetooth 4.0, the pedalboard transmits MIDI messages to control parameters in apps and software such as stompboxes in AmpliTube and Garageband.
The iRig BlueBoard has four backlit footswitches with two optional external device inputs that allow for use of expression pedals or more footswitches. This gives the pedalboard the capability to adjust rotary effects like wah, volume, EQ, gain control, and more. Its wireless range is approximately 32 feet, offering ample mobility.
The IK Multimedia iRig BlueBoard runs on four standard AAA batteries and is compatible with iPhone 5 and 4S, iPad 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Mini, and iPod touch 5th generation as well as Macs that support Bluetooth 4.0. It’s available now for $99. For more info, check out the IK Multimedia website.
IK Multimedia iRig BlueBoard Details:
- Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (10m/32.8′ range)
- 4 backlit assignable foot switches
- 2 1/4″ inputs for assignable expression pedals or switches
- Can send Bank Change, MIDI Program Changes and MIDI Control Changes
- BlueBoard iOS app runs in background on mobile device or Mac, and translates Bluetooth messages to MIDI
- Runs on standard AAA batteries
- Small enough to fit in a laptop bag