IK Multimedia has expanded their series of musical mobile accessories with the iLoud portable wireless speaker. The battery-operated monitor supports Bluetooth for wireless audio as well as an 1/8″ input for MP3 players and a 1/4″ input for instruments.
Rated at 40 watts, the iLoud features a a time-aligned 2-way system with neodymium loudspeakers, tuned bass-reflex, and DSP processing. The frequency response reaches down to 50Hz. It also has a built-in iRig circuit that allows you to directly connect a bass, guitar or microphone and your mobile device to utilize apps like Amplitube for signal processing. Beyond playing, it can be simply used for music playback.
The iLoud has the overall dimensions of an iPad with a 2.3″ depth. Its battery is rechargeable, and it is compatible with iOS devices, Android devices, and Mac or PCs.
The IK Multimedia iLoud is shipping soon with a street price of $299. For more info, check out the IK Multimedia website.
IK Multimedia iLoud Specs:
- 40W total power (2x16W low-frequency, 2x4W high frequency)
- Frequency response 50Hz to 20kHz
- Four Class-D Amplifiers, bi-amped system
- Two way 2×3″ neodymium woofers & 2×3/4″ neodymium tweeters
- High performance bass-reflex port
- 1/4″ iRig input for connecting guitars and dynamic microphones to iOS devices
- Bluetooth compatible with A2DP protocol
- 1/8″ stereo analog line input
- DSP controller
- Superior low-frequency extension and sound accuracy
- Auto Standby
- Integrated high-performance Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Battery duration at maximum volume: up to three hours. Normal usage: up to ten hours