F Bass has expanded their Vintage Series of basses with the VF-P. The model, which pays tribute to an industry classic, is a passive P-bass featuring a one-piece maple neck and a two-piece alder body.
The VF-P has a standard 34-inch scale and 21 frets with a compound fingerboard radius. Its neck comes with a modern shape for playabilty though a classic carve is available. F Bass fits the bass with an Aguilar AG 4P-60 pickup, which is a designed after that of a 1964 Fender Precision Bass. Controls include volume and tone knobs.
As each instrument is handmade in Canada, the VF-P has a range of options including multiple finishes, a rosewood fingerboard, and chrome covers for the pickup and bridge. It’s available for order now with a list price starting at $3,500. For more info, check out the F Bass website.
F Bass VF-P Bass Specs:
- Body Wood: 2-piece Alder
- Neck Wood: 1 piece slab maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Slab maple, rosewood optional
- Fingerboard Radius: 9″ – 14″
- Scale Length: 34″
- Number of Frets: 21
- String Spacing at Bridge: 20mm (7/8″)
- Tuners: Chrome Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
- Bridge: Hipshot
- Pick Guard: Black/White/Black, White/Black/White, Tortoise Shell, Parchment (Off White), Mint Green Pearloid
- Knobs: Chrome and/or Black Plastic
- Pickups: AG P-60 pickups
- Electronics: Passive
- Weight: 8 lbs