Emmy-award winning composer and guitarist Brian Tarquin has gathered some “Heavy Friends” to create the album, Guitars for Wounded Warriors, featuring instrumental music inspired by America’s soldiers.
For the record, Tarquin, owner of Jungle Room Studios, called upon a host of metal guitarists, including bass player Billy Sheehan.
Sheehan’s work is featured on the album’s opening track, “Black Hawk.”
“I had a blast playing bass on Black Hawk!” Sheehan said. “It’s a cool riff that pushes the song into a slick overdrive. Also, and more importantly, the cause it supports is supremely important to me and I’m honored to contribute to our brave soldiers in any way possible. Glad to be involved in this wonderful project!”
Guitars for Wounded Warriors Track List:
- Black Hawk (featuring Billy Sheehan)
- Taliban Terror (featuring Bumblefoot & Reb Beach)
- Charlie Surfs (featuring Chris Poland)
- 5 Klicks To Hell (featuring Gary Hoey)
- Surgical Strike (featuring The Flyin Ryan Brothers)
- Hunting (featuring Chris Poland)
- Baghdad (featuring Gary Hoey)
- Broken Arrow (featuring Alex De Rosso)
- Sand & Blood (featuring Hal Lindes)
- Escape Kabul (featuring Chuck Loeb)
- Freedom (featuring Steve Morse)