Bangladeshi bassist Bassbaba Sumon has released the first half of his debut solo bass album, entitled Soul Food (Part 1). The five-song instrumental album features culinary-inspired titles with heavy hitting guests including Felix Pastorius, Robert “Bubby” Lewis, Josh Cohen, Bob Franceschini, J.D. Blair, Mark Don and Erfan Nazezadeh.
Utilizing only bass and drums, Soul Food mixes hard rock, world music, and fusion for a unique sound. Check out this clip of the opening track, “Cancer Casserole”:
Soul Food (Part 1) Track List:
- Cancer Casserole (Featuring Mark Don)
- Chef John’s Ragadelic Baba Ghanoush (Featuring Robert “Bubby” Lewis and Erfan Nazemzadeh)
- Better Call Salt & The Walking Bread (Featuring Felix Pastorius)
- Tapping Tempura (Featuring Josh Cohen)
- License to Ham Stew (Featuring Bob Franceschini and J.D. Blair)