This week we check out an innovative design out of Germany by C. Eller Design. The UT2’s striking body shape was ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in both standing and sitting position, while the lower cutaway allows for access all the way up to the bass’s 24th fret.
The UT2 is built around a single piece of European Walnut that makes up both the body and the neck while the attached fretboard is Canadian Maple. Its look is kept natural and finished in oil.
Pickups on the bass are a pair of Delano TheXtender 5 HE dual humbuckers. Each are accompanied with a switch to toggle between parallel, serial, and single coil operation. The controls are tucked away on the bass’s side below the bridge to prevent unintentionally changing the settings.
Hardware includes an ETS bridge and Schaller Tuners.
The C. Eller UT2 is built in limited supply with a combination of CNC machining and handwork. For more info, check out the C. Eller website.
C. Eller UT2 Bass Photo Gallery:
C. Eller UT2 Bass Specs:
- Made in Germany
- Body: One-piece European Walnut
- Neck: One-piece European Walnut (Part of Body)
- Fretboard: Canadian Maple
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Oil
- Scale: 34?
- Frets: 24 Stainless Steel
- Bridge: ETS
- Tuners: Schaller
- Pickups: 2 Delano TheXtender 5 HE Dual Coil Humbuckers
- Electronics: Passive
- Knobs: Volume, Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switches: Parallel, Serial, Single Coil Modes
- Accessories: Flight Case, Strap, Strap Locks