Acoustic Image has announced the Flex Series, consisting of a Flex preamplifier and Flex 2×10 powered cabinet. While the set has great bass capabilities, AI created the setup to be “flexible” and work for many instruments.
“Think of it as a compact PA system with excellent bass response,” the company said, “an ideal solution for a broad range of instruments and musical applications.”
The preamp and powered cabinet can be used as a combo and the 2.5-pound Flex Pre can be stacked on the cab with magnets to keep it in place or moved anywhere on stage while connected to the cab and powered by an ethernet cable. The Flex Pre offers two channels with 1/4-inch instrument inputs as well as XLR mic inputs with 48-volt phantom power and a 10dB gain select. Each channel has separate input leve controls, 4-band EQs, sweepable low cut filters, effects loops, and phase reverse switches. They’re also equipped with built-in Reverb and Delay with level and rate controls.
Other features include a headphone output, a mute switch, a direct out with selectable 10dB pad, mono or stereo output from the preamp section, and selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation.
The Flex Cab holds two 10-inch woofers that are each driven by a 300-watt class D power amp as well as a 2.5-inch tweeter powered by a 50-watt amp, bringing the total power to 650 watts. One of the woofers is front-facing, while the other is downfiring and has a low cut control. The Flex Cab is powered by a standard detachable AC power cord and has automatic voltage switching for operation between 100V and 240V.
The Acoustic Image Flex Series Pre and Cab are available with list prices of $699 and $1,599, respectively. For more info, check out the Acoustic Image website.
Acoustic Image Flex Pre Details:
- Extended frequency range, high fidelity sound
- Light weight (2.5 lbs.), small size
- Unique, slanted front chassis
- Mounts anywhere for player’s convenience
- Separate XLR and 1/4 inch inputs per channel
- 48V phantom power and 10 dB gain select for mic input
- Input level control per channel
- Four band EQ per channel
- Selectable phase reverse and sweepable low cut filter per channel (phase reverse can be converted to low pass speaker emulation filter with internal jumper option)
- Effects loop per channel
- Selectable reverb and delay effects with level and rate controls and pseudo stereo output
- Direct out with selectable 10 dB pad, pre/post switch and ground lift
- Headphone output
- Switchable limiter
- Mute switch
- Mono or stereo output from the preamp section
- Selectable internal jumper options for gain and stereo operation
- High fidelity, low noise operation: 110 dB SNR at direct out
- Powered by Flex Cab via Cat5 cable or using supplied DC power supply for stand alone operation
Acoustic Image Flex Cab Details:
- Two 10 inch woofers each driven by a 300W class D power amp
- 2.5 inch tweeter with 50W class D power amp
- Standard detachable ac power cord
- Operation over 100V to 240V range with automatic voltage switching
- Tweeter level control
- Downfiring woofer controls (low cut and level)
- Through connection for daisy chaining other cabs
- Power/signal interface for preamp (RJ45/Cat5)
- Lightweight structural foam cabinet with spring loaded tilt mechanism