Phish bassist Mike Gordon has released a new double disc album with his own band. The album, which is available at livePhish.com, is a live recording from Gordon’s performance at the Town Ballroom in Buffalo, NY on October 3, 2009.
This is the second release from Gordon’s five-piece band, which includes Scott Murawski on guitar, Craig Myers on percussion, Tom Cleary on keyboards, and Todd Isler on drums. The band rips through Gordon’s originals, while also playing covers of Radiohead’s “15 Step” and “Cities” by the Talking Heads, among others.
Mike has also hit the road in support of the album and also to ramp up fans for a new solo studio album that he will wrap up after the tour. The new album will be more focused on bass and drums, as opposed to 2008’s Green Sparrow, which was his foray into the world of electric guitar. “It’s more introspective,” says Gordon.
- March 6 – New Haven, CT – Toad’s Place
- March 7 – Stroudsburg, PA – Sherman Theatre
- March 9 – Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live!
- March 11 – Charlottesville, VA – Jefferson Theatre
- March 12 – Philadelphia, PA – Theatre of the Living Arts
- March 13 – Northampton, MA – Pearl Street
- March 14 – Lebanon, NH – Lebanon Opera
Check out Mike’s web site for updates.
|Mike Gordon, Scott Murawski, Todd Isler, Tom Cleary, Craig Myers
10/3/09 The Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY
Click below to preview tracks from this show