Ray Riendeau’s new project, “Star Monarchy”, has released their debut album, entitled Volume 1. Written and produced by the bassist himself, the new album covers metal, modern rock, and progressive styles with a plethora of artists from their respected rock genres.
Riendeau, whose own resume includes laying down the low end for Rob Halford and Dream Theater singer James Labrie, decided to make the album a collaborative effort by reaching out to musicians over the internet, similar to his previous instrumental albums.
“I figured it was about time to do a vocal record,” the bassist told Two Guys Metal Reviews. “I’d been wanting to do that for a long time. So I started writing, and that was for about two and a half years. I play a little guitar, and did drum programming. I obviously played the bass. [I] demoed this group of songs, then I systematically got people to replace the parts. Again, some people I knew from the past but most of the people though were just people I reached out to who I didn’t know but I just wanted to work with, from newer bands.”
Guests on the album include Soilwork vocalist Bjorn Strid, Protest the Hero vocalist Rody Walker, All Shall Perish guitarist Francesco Artusato, Threat Signal drummer Alex Rudinger, and many more.
Preview Volume 1:
Volume 1 Track List:
- Biosfear (feat. Rody Walker)
- Monarchy (feat. Dan Tompkins)
- 11 Years (feat. Bjorn “Speed” Strid)
- Romanov Throne (feat. Mike Semesky)
- Artilect (feat. Ben Dixon)
- Ashes (feat. Dan Tompkins)
- Transhuman (feat. Sean Dailey)
- Suicide By Star (feat. Ben Dixon)
- The Royal Isolate (feat. Mike Semesky)
- Lord of the Flys (feat. Rody Walker)