F Bass has jumped into the land of cabinets with the F Bass 2x10H Cabinet. The first of their cab series, the 2x10H was designed in cooperation Jo Bassi Engineering and Ian Taylor with an emphasis on being compact without sacrificing performance.
“As bass players we’ve always favoured the sound, power and performance of conventional magnet drivers but have never been fans of the weight,” the company explained. “Our boxes were designed just big enough to house the drivers and a side positioned horn tweeter (controlled by a crossover) and were constructed using 3/4˝ thick poplar cored plywood reinforced with pine bracing. For the front we used 3/4˝ Birch plywood to support the heavy drivers and added four inches of sound insulation to quiet any overtones.”
F Bass utilized computer software to calculate the reflex porting for low frequency reproduction, resulting in one port that exits the rear of the cab and another that faces downward for thicker tones. The cab has a kickback system for monitoring and to reduce stage resonance if needed.
The F Bass Cabinets are covered in black carpet with black protective corners, feet for upright and side stacking, and an 18 gauge powder coated front grill. More cabs, including a 1×12, 2×12, and 4×10 are in the works.
The F Bass 2x10H Cabinet is available now with a retail price of $749. For more info, check out the F Bass website.
F Bass 2x10H Cabinet Specs:
- Made in Canada
- 2 x 10˝ 400W (Peak) USA made Heavy-Duty Ceramic Drivers
- 200 Watt (Peak) Horn Tweeter
- Two way crossover
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Power Rating: 400 Watt Continuous; 800 Watt Peak
- Frequency Response: 40Hz – 25kHz
- Sensitivity: 103dB (1W@1m)
- Speakon Connectors
- 1/4˝ Output Connectors
- Black “Ozite” Carpet Finish
- Black strap handle
- 2 x Hinging Steel/Plastic “kick-back” handles
- 18 Gauge Powder coated protective Steel Grill
- Dimensions: 22.25˝h x 13.25˝w x 16.00˝d
- Weight: Approx: 46 pounds