D’Angelico Guitars has been reborn for 2013. The brand, named for luthier John D’Angelico, has relaunched several instruments including the EX-Bass, which will be part of their Standard Series. With its single-cutaway, semi-hollow body, the 32.25˝ scale bass bears the company’s classic vibe and vintage feel. It also pays homage to D’Angelico’s New York roots with a machined aluminum truss rod cover modeled after the New Yorker Hotel.
The EX-Bass features a laminated flame maple body with 5-ply binding, a 2-piece hard maple neck with a walnut center, and an Indian Rosewood fingerboard with Mother of Pearl inlays. It comes in Natural, Vintage Sunburst, White, and Black finishes. Hardware on the EX-Bass includes a Gold Tune-O-Matic bass bridge, a stopbar tailpiece, and deluxe sealed tuning machines. The pickups are a pair of specially designed dual coils controlled by volume and tone knobs with a 3-way toggle switch.
The D’Angelico EX-Bass will be shipping in the next two to three months and will have a street price of $1,419. For more info, check out the D’Angelico Guitars website.
D’Angelico EX-Bass Specs:
- Shape: Single Cutaway
- Body: Semi-Hollow
- Body Material (Top, Back and Sides): Laminated Flame Maple
- Neck: 2-piece Hard Maple With Walnut Center
- Scale: 32.25˝
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl
- Size: 15˝
- Pickups: Specially Designed Dual Coil
- Binding: 5-ply
- Bridge: Gold Tune-O-Matic Bass Bridge
- Tail Piece: Stopbar
- Controls: Volume/Tone/3-way Toggle
- Hardware: Gold Plated
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Sealed
- Nut Width: 1 1/2˝
- Input Jack: Switch Craft USA
- Finishes: Natural, Vintage Sunburst, White, Black
- Available Lefty: Yes
- Case: Deluxe Hard Case