M.V. Pedulla Guitars has introduced the Rapture NPG, a take on their Rapture model that omits the pick guard to reveal more of the body’s figure. The new bass is described as a full featured version of their “modern vintage” model and comes in single soapbar, J/J, or P/J pickup configurations. A low mid boost/cut switch is also included to complement its existing active treble and bass controls.
Available with four or five-strings, the Rapture NPG is built with a plain soft maple body and a high quality flame maple top (AAAAA Maple Top shown), a birdseye maple fingerboard, and flat-sawn hard maple neck. Other features include a machined brass “barrel” bridge, abalone fingerboard inlays, and a bone nut.
Each bass is made by Michael Pedulla in his shop in Massachusetts. The Pedulla Rapture NPG has a list price starting at $4,095, depending on options. For more info, check out the Pedulla website.
Pedulla Rapture NPG Bass Details:
- Made by Michael Pedulla
- No Pick Guard
- Body: Plain Soft Maple With AA or AAA Flame Maple Top
- Neck: Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 34 Inches
- Fingerboard: Birdseye Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Inlay: 5mm Abalone in Maple
- Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod: Single, Double Acting Adjustable With Two Stiffening Bars
- Weight: 8.5 lbs to 9 lbs.
- Hardware Color: Choice of Black, Chrome, or Gold
- Bridge: Machined Brass Barrel
- Machine Heads: M. V. Pedulla/Gotoh
- Strap Pins: Gotoh
- Pickups: Made for MV Pedulla by Bartolini, PJ, JJ, or Soapbar
- Electronics: Active, Bartolini
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Mid Toggle
- Fretted or Fretless: Fretless Fingerboard Available With or Without Lines and Dots. Fretless Fingerboard Available with Optional Coating.
- Finish: Gloss Polyester, Satin Urethane Neck