King Crimson’s “In the Court of the Crimson King” 40th anniversary releases
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of In the Court of the Crimson King, King Crimson is releasing two new formats of the album.
The limited edition, enhanced box set version is a six-disc set (five CDs and one DVD), and includes a ton:
- The 2009 new stereo mix by Steven Wilson and Robert Fripp
- The original master edition released in 2004
- The original mono album mix for US radio
- Alternate tracks mixed for the first time from the original studio recordings
- A vinyl transfer from the original stereo pressing
- Live 1969 recordings
- The mono single mix of “The Court Of The Crimson King” radio US promo only
- 10 Bonus track versions of demos, BBC recordings, alternate mixes, duo versions and instrumentals
- A DVD which feature MLP lossless 5.1 Surround mix
- Additional audio content
- Video of “21st Century Schizoid Man”
The alternative to the box set is the 40th Annivesary edition, a remixed and expanded 2-disc version, remastered by Wilson and Fripp. This release was pulled from the original multi-track tapes and includes five additional tracks. Disc two is the complete 2004 remastered version, plus bonus tracks.
King Crimson’s line up for the album includes Greg Lake on bass and vocals; Robert Fripp on guitar, Ian McDonald on flute, clarinet, saxophones, keyboards and background vocals; and Michael Giles on drums.