Furthur Festival: Phil Lesh’s Throwback to Grateful Dead
After pondering which festivals they would play, bassist Phil Lesh and guitarist Bob Weir of Furthur decided to just make their own. The Furthur Festival will take place at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds in Angels Camp, California on May 29th and 30th, with an “Open Aire Soundcheck” scheduled for the 28th.
In a throwback to Lesh’s and Weir’s former band, Furthur will be playing a full Grateful Dead album per set, with a total of six sets/albums. The duo have posted several videos discussing the making of these classic albums, and the impact they had on the group.
Furthur will also be joined by 12 other bands, including bassist Jack Casady in Electric Hot Tuna. For a full stage and band schedule, visit the festival website.
Furthur set schedule:
- Saturday – Set I – American Beauty
- Saturday – Set II – Workingman’s Dead
- Saturday – Set III – Anthem of the Sun
- Sunday – Set I – Blues For Allah
- Sunday – Set II – Aoxomoxoa
- Sunday – Set III – Terrapin Station