Roland has announced that their new R-05 Wave/MP3 Recorder is now shipping. The pocket recorder boasts clear audio quality, tons of features, and a battery that lasts over 16 hours of continuous recording time. It records directly to SD cards with a maximum of 24-bit/96kHz resolution with its built-in stereo microphone, or you can plug in your own external microphones.
The R-05 comes with many features that tailor it to musicians. Onboard editing allows you to trim, divide, and combine tracks you create. You can also loop specific audio regions or change playback speed without altering the pitch. This can help you slow down fast passages to get them under your fingers.
The Roland R-05 Wave/MP3 Recorder is available with a MSRP of $299.00.
- High-quality stereo recording (24-bit / 96kHz) with the built-in stereo mic or external input
- Records directly to SD card with extended battery life (over 30 hours continuous playback, over 16 hours continuous recording)
- Strong, attractive metallic exterior
- Onboard editing functions; built-in reverb
- Music-practice features (change tempo without changing pitch, loop playback, etc.)
- Auto record start, auto song split, auto level adjust
- Pre Record function (captures 2 seconds of audio that precedes pressing REC)
- Use as a high-quality portable audio player (plays WAV and MP3 files)
- Windscreen and tripod mount included