Gear Watch: Ampeg Heritage B-15
Among a slew of new gear Ampeg released at NAMM this year is the Heritage B-15, a combo that pays homage to former Ampeg VP Jess Oliver’s original flip-top design. Limited to 50 units, the B-15 is hand-built and hand-wired in the U.S. by George Metropolous and his team at Metroamps.
The classic design includes an all-tube head and a Baltic birch and poplar flip-top cabinet that holds a custom designed 15” Eminence driver.
Two channels and two selectable bias modes replicate the ’64 and ’66 models to help players find the right classic tone. The amp also includes classic Baxandall EQ controls that are available on both channels.
The limited edition Ampeg B-15 combo is available now for a street price of $3,999.99. For more info, visit Ampeg’s website.
Ampeg Heritage B-15 Demo:
Ampeg Heritage B-15 Specs:
- RMS Power Output: 30W RMS (1966 bias) / 25W RMS (1964 bias)
- LF Driver: 1 x 15? custom Eminence®
- Preamp: Tube (3 x 6SL7)
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4 or 5U4G)
- Power Amp: Tube (2 x 6L6GC)
- Channel 1: 1964 (B-15NC)
- Channel 2: 1966 (B-15NF)
- Tone Controls: Baxandall Bass and Treble (per channel)
- Power Tube Bias: Selectable (1964/cathode, 1966/fixed)
- Speaker Outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 2 x 4 ohm
- Line Out: Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D inches): 27 x 21 x 14 w/dolly
- Handling Weight: 95 lbs / 43.1 kg