Gear Watch: F-Bass Alain Caron Classic Bass
F-Bass has released a new Alain Caron signature model, dubbed the AC-Classic.
Built to attain an “upright” tone from an electric bass, the instrument features a redwood top, additional chambering, and a floating bridge. Another new development for the series is a natural sounding RMC piezo pickup system that is controlled by master volume, bass cut/boost, and treble cut/boost knobs.
The F-Bass Alain Caron Classic is available in 4-, 5-, and 6-string versions with optional upgrades. For more info, visit the F-Bass website.
F-Bass Alain Caron Classic Bass Specs (4-string model):
- Nut Width – 42mm (1 5/8”)
- Width at Last Fret – 66mm (2 5/8”)
- Fingerboard Radius – 10” – 16”
- Scale Length – 34”
- Number of Frets – 28
- String Spacing at Bridge – 19mm (3/4”)
- Neck Wood – 3 piece quarter-sawn maple
- Fingerboard Wood – Gabon Ebony (Black)
- Body Wood – Figured Maple/Spruce Top
- Tuners – Black Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
- Bridge – Handmade Gabon Ebony
- Knobs – Handmade African Blackwood
- Pickups – RMC piezo pickups in the saddle & an F Bass stacked, single coil/hum-cancelling, magnetic pickup in the bridge position