A new documentary about the genre-defying band Fishbone is making its way around the country in select screenings, with a DVD release in the works.
Everyday Sunshine: The Story of Fishbone follows the band’s career, from their formation in South Central Los Angeles and rise to fame to struggles and their current day affairs.
The film focuses much attention on bassist Norwood Fisher and singer Angelo Moore, who helped found the group and are “challenged to re-invent themselves in the face of dysfunction and ghosts from a painful past.”
Fishbone, and particularly Fisher’s bass lines, have been a huge influence on musicians of all walks, though they’ve never caught as much attention as their counterparts. Propelled by Fisher’s grooves, the group’s eclectic sound ranges from punk to reggae with just about everything in between.
“They should have been the band that went way beyond any of us who were influenced by them,” Primus’ Les Claypool states in the trailer.
Coinciding with the film, Fishbone will be dropping a new EP entitled Crazy Glue on October 11th.
Fishbone Documentary Screening Tour Dates:
- August 25-28, 2011: White Sands International Film Festival – Las Cruces, New Mexico
- August 26, 2011: Rappahannock Independent Film Festival – Fredericksburg, Virginia
- August 26-28, 2011: Webster Film Series – St. Louis, Missouri
- September 2-8, 2011: INDIE Mostra de Cinema Mundial Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- September 9-11, 2011: Film Fest Twain Harte – Twain Harte, California
- September 14-18, 2011: Temecula Valley International Film and Music Festival – Temecula, California
- September 16-22, 2011: INDIE Mostra de Cinema Mundial Sao Paulo, Brazil
- September 19, 2011: The Art Theater – Champaign, Illinois
- September 23-26, 2011: Chesapeake Film Festival – Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
- September 29-October 3, 2011: Crested Butte Film Festival – Crested Butte, Colorado
- September 29th-October 9th, 2011: DOCSDF – Festival Internacional de Cine Documental de la Ciudad de Mexico – Mexico City, Mexico
- October 3, 2011: Movie Monday – Victoria, British Columbia
- October 5-October 9, 2011: Africa In the Picture – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- October 7-October 13, 2011: ReRun Theater (NY Theatrical Premiere) – Brooklyn, New York
- October 14, 2011: The Capitol Theater (Theatrical Premiere) – Olympia, Washington
- October 15-16, 2011: Pickford Film Center (Theatrical Premiere) – Bellingham, Washington
- October 21-27, 2011: Laemmle Sunset 5 (LA Theatrical Premiere) – Los Angeles, California
- October 21-23, 2011: The Times Cinema (Theatrical Premiere) – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- October 21-22, 2011: Aperture Cinema (Theatrical Premiere) – Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- October 22, 2011: Art Theatre of Long Beach (Long Beach Theatrical Premiere) – Long Beach, California
- October 26, 2011: Alamo Drafthouse (Austin Film Society Documentary Tour) – Austin, Texas
- October 26-28, 2011: 14 Pews (Theatrical Premiere) – Houston, Texas
- October 28-November 3, 2011: Zeitgeist Arts Center (Theatrical Premiere) – New Orleans, Louisiana
- November 10, 2011: International Film Series at CU Boulder(Theatrical Premiere) – Boulder, Colorado
- November 11-17, 2011: Real Art Ways Cinema (Theatrical Premiere) – Hartford, Connecticut
- November 12, 2011: Upstate Films – Woodstock (Theatrical Premiere) – Woodstock, New York
- November 13, 2011: Upstate Films – Rhinebeck (Theatrical Premiere) – Rhinebeck, New York
- November 14, 2011: Cinema Arts Centre (Theatrical Premiere) – Huntington, New York
- November 14, 2011: Alamo Drafthouse – Austin, Texas
- November 18-24, 2011: Grand Illusion Cinema (Theatrical Premiere) – Seattle, Washington
- November 18-20, 2011: Pacific Cinematheque (Theatrical Premiere) – Vancouver, British Columbia
- December 2-8, 2011: Hollywood Theatre (Theatrical Premiere) – Portland, Oregon
- December 9-10, 2011: Guild Cinema (Theatrical Premiere) – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- December 9-11, 2011: Center For Contemporary Arts (Theatrical Premiere) – Santa Fe, New Mexico