Jens Ritter Unveils LaMarquis Jefferson Signature Bass, “The Bone”
German luthier Jens Ritter has just announced a new model to his Artist Series. The Bone was designed with bassist/producer LaMarquis Jefferson, whose credits include bass lines for OutKast, Goodie Mob, Society of Soul, TLC and more.
“The Bone” features a German Alder body, a three-piece maple bolt-on neck, and a maple fingerboard, all decked out in white.
THe Carrara finish is also accented by white and gold hardware, including Ritter BT tuners that are custom made by Gotoh and a Ritter 3D bridge with a “B1” String Attachment. The pickups are a pair of Ritter Master Triplebuckers, that feed into its “Jefferson” 4-band electronics.
Available in 4-, 5-, 6- and 7-string versions, the Bone is fitted with a laser engraved backplate. The base model lists at €5500 (approximately $7,445 USD). For more info, visit the Jens Ritter Instruments website.
Jens Ritter LaMarquis Jefferson Signature Bass Specs:
- Pickups: Ritter Master Triplebucker (Carrara Finish)
- Electronics: Ritter “Jefferson” 4-Band
- Hardware: White / Gold
- Gurtpins: Schaller Security Locks
- Tuners: Ritter BT Tuners – Custom made by Gotoh
- Nut: Bone
- Bridge: Ritter 3D Bridge + “B1” String Attachment
- Body Wood: German Alder
- Neck: Maple Bold on 3-Pieces
- Fingerboard: Maple (Carrara Finish)
- Scale: 35” (889mm)
- Finish: Carrara Frosted
- Other: All White Bass, Golden Frets, Laser Engraved Backplates