Grammy award winner Esperanza Spalding has released the first dates of her upcoming world tour, set to kick off April 18th, 2012 in Buffalo, New York.
The bassist/vocalist will make her way around the U.S. with with concerts spanning the East, West, and South before she crosses the pond to visit Europe, and then returning to North America again.
The global trek will coincide with the release of Radio Music Society, Spalding’s long-awaited follow-up and companion album to 2010’s Chamber Music Society. The forthcoming release, due out March 20th, will feature a different side of Spalding’s compositional prowess with more pop and R&B flavoring. It will be a complete artistic experience, as each of the twelve tracks will be accompanied by a conceptual music video to deepen the meaning and expression of each song. The videos will be available for download in addition to DVD format in the album’s deluxe edition.
As noted, stay tuned for more dates.
Esperanza Spalding World Tour Dates:
- April 18, 2012: Buffalo, NY – Center for the Arts
- April 19, 2012: Cleveland, OH – Metro Campus Auditorium
- April 21, 2012: New York, NY – Webster Hall
- April 22, 2012: Boston, MA – Orpheum Theatre
- April 24, 2012: Seattle, WA – Paramount Theatre
- April 25, 2012: Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
- April 27, 2012: Hollywood, CA – The Music Box
- April 28, 2012: Phoenix, AZ – JW Desert Ridge Jazz Festival
- May 1, 2012: Dallas, TX – House of Blues
- May 2, 2012: Houston, TX – House of Blues
- May 3, 2012: New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
- May 5, 2012: Austin, TX – Paramount Theatre
- May 23, 2012: Paris, France – La Cigale
- May 28, 2012: London, UK – KoKo
- June 27, 2012: Ottawa, ON – Ottawa Jazz Festival
- June 29, 2012: Montreal, QC – Metropolis Theatre
- June 30, 2012: Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center