Jackson unveiled two new Dave Ellefson signature basses at the NAMM show last month. The basses are part of Jackson’s X-Series and are offered in two models: the David Ellefson CB-X 4-string and the David Ellefson CB-XV 5-string.
The CB-X is a four-string with dual humbucking EMG pickups with an alder Concert Bass body. The bass sports a choice of either black or quicksilver finishes, with a bolt-on, quartersawn maple neck with special profile shape, and 21 jumbo frets with shark fin inlays. The bass includes five domed controls, for volume, three-band EQ, and blend, high pass for the 4-string bridge. The hardware is black and features Ellefson’s silver “Fallout” logo on the truss rod cover.
MSRP for the CB-X is $533.32.
The CB-XV Bass offers the same features of the CB-X, in a 5-string bass. MSRP for the CB-XV is $666.65.
Here’s Dave talking about Jackson’s basses during the NAMM show:
David Ellefson X-Series Bass Specs:
- Body: Alder
- Body Shape: Concert™ Bass
- Body Finish: Black or Quicksilver gloss
- Frets: 21 Jumbo frets with Shark Fin inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® HZ35B
- Neck Pickup: EMG® HZ35N
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: High Mass IV
- String Nut: Black Plastic
For more information, visit Jackson Guitars’ website.