Basone Guitars Unveil 6-String Bass Guitar
Canadian custom shop Basone Guitars recently unveiled a new 25-fret, 6-string bass guitar. The elegant instrument features a chambered body made of Honduran Mahogany topped with spalted maple as well as walnut and ebony accents. The bolt-on neck is also honduran Mahogany supported with dual truss rods, with a black walnut fingerboard. As an interesting addition to abalone side dot inlays, gold frets are used in addition to the standard chrome frets to also act as position markers.
In addition to a Bartolini pickup, the Basone 6-string bass comes equipped with a Ghost Acoustiphonic Midi Hexpander Piezo system, giving the ability to play through a conventional bass amp or control a Midi device. Each pickup has separate outputs, so both could also be used simultaneously.
Hardware on the bass includes Gotoh 510 tuners, a custom Gotoh bridge, and a Graphtech black tusq nut.
Since Basone creates custom instruments, options are available. Their 6-string Bass starts at roughly $3,300. For more info, check out the Basone Guitars website.
Basone 6-String Bass Guitar Specs:
- Body: Honduran Mahogany; Chambered
- Top: Spalted Maple with Walnut and Ebony Accents
- Finish: Clear
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany
- Truss Rod: Double truss rods for Extra Support
- Headstock Veneer: Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard – Black Walnut
- Frets: 25-frets; Gold Frets Act as Position Markers
- Scale: 34”
- Inlays: Abalone Side Microdots
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Nut: Graphtech Black Tusq
- Bridge: Custom Gotoh 6-string Bass Bridge
- Pickups: Bartolini Bass pickup; Ghost Acoustiphonic Midi Hexpander Piezo System