As part of their new line this year, Warwick has introduced the Artist Series Steve Bailey bass. Available in 4-, 5- and 6-string versions, the bass shares many of the specs of his Signature Series bass and is based on Warwick’s Streamer bass, with modifications to improve access to the upper register of the neck.
The bass is built with a swamp ash body, bolt-on ovangkol neck, and tigerstripe ebony fingerboard. Though Bailey is known for his fretless playing, the new model has both fretless and fretted options.
Pickups vary based on the number of strings. The 4-string sports a pair of active Seymour Duncan J-pickups and the 5- and 6-stringers have active soapbars. Each of the basses is fitted with Seymour Duncan Steve Bailey active 2-way electronics.
Hardware includes Warwick’s 2-piece bridge, Warwick tuners, and security locks.
The Warwick Artist Series Steve Bailey Bass has MSRPs of $2,439 for the 4-string, $2,789 for the 5-string, and $3,159 for the 6-string. For more info, check out the Warwick website.
Warwick Steve Bailey Artist Series Specs:
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Available as: 4-, 5- and 6-string
- Right Handed Only
- Fretted or fretless
- Tuners: Warwick Machine heads
- Nut: Just a Nut III
- Scale: 34˝ (long scale)
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Bronze frets
- Fingerboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Neck: Ovangkol
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Finish Available In: Black High Polish
- Pickups: Seymour Dunan active 4-String J/J, 5-String and 6-String Seymour Duncan active Soapbars
- Electronics: Seymour Duncan Steve Bailey active 2-way
- Volume Balance stacked P/P slap preset / Treble Bass stacked P/P for Mute
- Bridge: Warwick 2-piece
- Warwick security locks
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Weight: 4-string: 9.2 pounds (4.2 kg); 5-string: 10.3 pounds (4.7 kg); 6-string: 11.7 pounds (5.3 kg)
- “Deluxe” RockBag included