BOSS Introduces eBand JS-10 Audio Player with Effects
BOSS has announced their new eBand JS-10 Audio Player with Effects, a jam-along machine for bassists, guitarists and singers. The JS-10 features an integrated 2.1 sound system including a built-in subwoofer, while dual inputs allow for two players at once, which BOSS suggests is perfect for teacher/student lessons.
Though it comes with a library of over 350 pre-loaded audio loops for jamming and practice, you can add your own songs via USB or an SD card. The preset audio loops include “minus-one” audio for bass, two guitars, and guitar and bass for convenience. From there you can change the tempo and key signature as well as create your sound with any of the built in effects or COSM amp modeling.
The BOSS eBand JS-10 is expected in the coming months with an anticipated street price of around $399. For more, check out the BOSS website.
BOSS eBand JS-10 Audio Player with Effects Specs:
- Capacity: SD/SDHC Card: 1 G to 32 GB
- Data Types: eBand Songs (Recording/Playback) WAV (Quantization bit rate: 16 bits, Playback only) MP3 (Bit rate: 64 K to 320 Kbps, Playback only)
- External Memory: USB Flash Memory (sold separately)
- AD Conversion: 24 bits + AF method
- DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Effect Types: Amp Comp/Limiter OD/DS Noise Suppressor EQ Modulation (Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Tremolo, Rotary, Uni-V, Pan) Delay Reverb Wah
- Recording Time (eBand Songs): Hours per GB: 4 hours 32 GB: 130 hours * The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
- Recording Time (WAV/16 bits/Stereo): Hours per GB: 1.5 hours 32 GB: 50 hours * The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
- Recording Time (MP3/128 Kbps/Stereo): Hours per GB: 17 hours 32 GB: 550 hours * The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
- Nominal Input Level: Input 1/2 Guitar/Mic (Input Gain = Guitar): -10 dBu Input 1/2 Guitar/Mic (Input Gain = Mic): -32 dBu Input 2 Aux: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: Input 1/2 Guitar/Mic jacks: 1 M ohm Input 2 Aux jack: 47 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: Line Out jacks: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: Line Out jacks: 1 k ohm
- Internal Speakers: 2.1 channels (2-channel Stereo and Woofer)
- Rated Power Output: 12 W (Stereo Speaker 3.5 W x 2 + Woofer 5 W)
- Display: Graphic LCD 132 x 64 dots (with backlit)
- USB: Audio Mass Storage Class
- Connectors: Input 1 Guitar/Mic jack (1/4-inch phone type) Input 2 Guitar/Mic jack (1/4-inch phone type) Input 2 Aux jack (Stereo miniature phone type) Phones jack (Stereo miniature phone type) Line Out jacks (RCA phono type) Exp Pedal/Ctl 1, 2 jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type) USB Memory port (USB A) USB Computer port (USB B) DC IN jack
- Current Draw: 700 mA
- Accessories: AC adaptor SD card USB cable Owner’s Manual
- Options (sold separately): Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U) Dual Footswitch (BOSS FS-6) Expression Pedal (Roland EV-5, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H) USB Flash Memory * Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland.