Source Audio Introduces Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller
Source Audio has released a new incarnation of their Hot Hand with the Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller. The new model expands on its predecessor by broadening its compatibility to non-Source Audio pedals.
The Hot Hand 3 package consists of a ring containing a 3-axis accelerometer that translates your hand movements into an expression signal that can be used to control parameters like filter sweeps, drive levels, modulation, and more. The transmitter ring sends its signal to a receiver base station which features a standard 1/4? expression output that the company explains is compatible with most third-party pedals equipped with a 1/4? expression input.
The whole system includes a wireless sensor ring, a ring charger/DC power supply, a receiver base station, and a sensor cable. The ring runs on a rechargeable lithium ion battery that keeps 6 hours of operation time between charges.
The Source Audio Hot Hand 3 is available now for $149.99. For more, check out the Source Audio website.
Source Audio Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller Details:
- Compatible with all Soundblox, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals
- Works with most third-party effects equipped with a 1/4? expression input. DIP switches facilitate third-party effect configuration
- Select between 3 different motion axes (X, Y, and Z)
- RF transmitter capable of transmitting over 100 feet
- Rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery
- 1/8? Sensor Output and ¼? Expression Output
- Depth and Smoothing controls adjust effect amount and ring sensitivity
- All components are compatible with the original Hot Hand Wireless Adapter
- Use up to 4 separate Hot Hand units simultaneously with no interference
- License free for worldwide wireless usage (ISM band)