Vox Introduces Two New Multi-Effects Bass Pedals
Vox has announced the StompLab series of multi-effects pedals, including the StompLab IB and IIB pedals for bass. The respective stompboxes offer 60 and 61 types of modeling including amp, cabinet, and effects with 100 preset programs. All the effects were created from Vox’s VT+ series of modeling amps as well as the Tonelab series of multi-effect units.
Dressed in red, the IB and IIB pedals are differentiated by the addition of an expression pedal on the IIB that can control parameters on effects in real time. The effect types included in the new models are Pedal, Amp, Drive, Cabinet, Modulation, Delay, Reverb, and Noise Reduction, while the IIB also allows for volume control.
Other features common to the StompLab series are a built-in tuner, 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion, and a combination audio/headphone output. The pedals run on either four AA batteries or an AC adapter.
The Vox StompLab IB and IIB are set to ship in December with price points yet to be determined. For more info, check out the Vox website.
Vox StompLab IB and IIB Details:
List of Effects:
- Pedal (9): Comp, Exciter, Fix Wah or Wah?*IB?Fix Wah, IIB?Wah), Auto Wah, Brn Octave, Acoustic, U-Vibe, Tone, Ring Mod
- Amp (10): Valve 1, Valve 2, Classic, Scooped, LA Studio, Gold Panel, Jazz, Studio, AC100, UK Major
- Drive (8): Tube OD, Fat Dist, Orange Dist, Shred Dist, Fuzz, Octa Fuzz, Techno Fuzz, Crusher
- Cabinet (12): LA 4×10, LA 1×18, Metal 4×10, UK 4×12, UK 4×15, Classic 8×10, Modern 4×10, Studio 1×15, Jazz 1×15, AC 2×15, Combi, Custom
- Modulation (9): CE Chorus, Multi Chorus, Flanger, Org Phase, Twin Trem, G4 Rotary, Pitch Shift, Filtron1 (AUTO), Filtron2 (MANUAL)
- Delay (8): Analog Delay 1, Analog Delay 2, Analog Delay 3, Analog Delay 4, Echo 1, Echo 2, Echo 3, Echo 4
- Reverb (3): Room, Spring, Hall
- Noise Reduction (1)
- Volume (*IIB Only)
- Number of Programs: 120 (User = 20 / Preset = 100)
- Audio Input: 1 (Monaural Standard)
- Audio Output: Output/Phones (Stereo Standard)
- Signal processing: A/D conversion: 24-bit / D/A conversion: 24-bit
- Tuner: Measurement Range: A0 – E6
- Calibration Range: A=438 Hz – 445 Hz
- Power: AA battery x 4 DC 9V (Option: AC Adapter)
- Battery Life: 7.5 hours (Alkaline battery)
- Included items: AA battery x 4 for verifying proper operation
- Options: AC Adapter