Source Audio Now Shipping Soundblox 2 Orbital Modulator
Source Audio’s Soundblox 2 lineup has gotten a little spacier with the Orbital Modulator, a combination phaser, flanger, chorus and tremolo pedal designed for both bass and guitar. Housed in a cast-aluminum 4.5? by 4.5? chassis, the new stompbox offers plenty of tweakability with nine adjustable parameters including Depth, Feedback, Delay, Frequency, Volume, LoRetain (Source Audio’s proprietary low-end preserving algorithm), Tremolo, Mix, and Speed.
The Orbital Modulator has three chorus effects, three flangers, two resonator flangers, five phasers, and a tremolo that are selectable by its center control knob. Tremolo can be embedded into any of the pedal’s other effects to create what the company calls “dramatic three-dimensional effects like rotary speaker simulation or thumping chopper-like amplitude modulations.” Users can save two presets and recall them via dual footswitches, but in case you want to get back to factory settings, Source Audio built in a reset function.
Each effect’s modulation can be controlled internally with the Mod Source dial or externally with your choice of Hot Hand, MIDI, or Expression control inputs. All of the external control devices can also be assigned to any of the nine adjustable parameters.
The Source Audio Orbital Modulator comes with a 9VDC power supply. It’s shipping now with a street price of $169. For more info, check out the Source Audio website.
Source Audio Orbital Modulator Specs:
- Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring 3 Chorus, 3 Flangers, 2 Resonator Flangers, 5 Phasers and Tremolo
- Cast aluminum housing
- 2 User Presets
- 9 Adjustable Parameters — Depth, Delay, Frequency, Feedback, Volume, LoRetain, Tremolo, Mix, and Speed
- 6 Modulation Sources — Sine Wave LFO, Square Wave LFO, Envelope Follower, Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, and MIDI
- Multi-function In
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters
- Proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs)