Scottish luthier Alan Cringean makes some fine instruments, and this AC Guitars Recurve Classic 6 is a beautiful example. Topped with a stunning Tasmanian Myrtle Burl, the 6-string bass as much a piece of art as it is a workhorse instrument.
Equally stunning to the bass’s top is its back, which shows off the natural wood grain of its swamp ash body. The neck is a 7-piece wenge/maple laminate topped with a Macassar Ebony fingerboard. Even with six strings, the bass has a 33-inch scale that Cringean says makes it “an easy bass to get around on.”
Pickups on the bass are a pair of ACG FB humbuckers covered in a wenge/myrtle ramp, while the preamp is ACG’s EQ03 5k dual filter. The bridge is a Hipshot Type A, and the bass also features Gotoh Resolite tuners, Dunlop dual design straplocks, and SIT Silencer strings.
AC Guitars Recurve Classic 6 Bass Photos:
AC Guitars Recurve Classic 6 Bass Specs:
- Top Wood: Tasmanian Myrtle Burl
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Accent Veneer: Black
- Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Neck Wood:7 piece Wenge/Maple
- Fingerboard: Mac ebony
- Head Plate: Tasmanian Myrtle
- Back Plate: Swamp Ash
- Heel: Wenge
- Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Pickups: ACG FB humbuckers in Wenge/Myrtle ramp
- Electronics: ACG EQ03 5k dual filter pre-amp
- Bridge: Hipshot Type A
- Tuners: Gotoh Resolite
- Other: Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks,SIT Silencer strings.