Don Was Among Bassists on Latest Brian Wilson Album
Brian Wilson’s 11th solo album, No Pier Pressure, features a wealth of guest vocalists and the bass talents of Don Was, who is also well known for his work as a producer, bandleader and record label president.
Wilson, the primary songwriter for The Beach Boys during the group’s most prolific and influential years, recorded the album at Ocean Way Studios in Hollywood, with a cast of musicians he personally invited to participate, including She & Him, onetime The Beach Boys’ bandmates Al Jardine, Blondie Chaplin, and David Marks, along with Jim Keltner, Kacey Musgraves and Nate Ruess of fun.
Aside from Was, other bassists on the album include Michael Rhodes, Bob Lizik, Zachary Dawes, Brett Simons, and Shane Soloski.
Check out the album trailer, and one of the tracks, “The Right Time”:
No Pier Pressure Track List:
- This Beautiful Day
- Runaway Dancer [featuring Sebu Simonian]
- What Ever Happened [featuring Al Jardine and David Marks]
- On The Island [featuring She & Him]
- Our Special Love [featuring Peter Hollens]
- The Right Time [featuring Al Jardine and David Marks]
- Guess You Had To Be There [featuring Kacey Musgraves]
- Don’t Worry
- Somewhere Quiet
- I’m Feeling Sad
- Tell Me Why [featuring Al Jardine]
- Sail Away [featuring Blondie Chaplin and Al Jardine]
- One Kind Of Love
- Saturday Night [featuring Nate Ruess]
- The Last Song
- Half Moon Bay