IK Multimedia and Ampeg have collaborated again to update the SVX collection of modeling software with the Ampeg SVX 2. The virtual amp series includes amps and cabinets from the Ampeg Heritage and Classic series for use with AmpliTube for Mac and PC.
The amps and cabinets in the collection include the SVT-VR, the V-4B, the B-15N, the SVT-810AV, the SVT-212AV, and the B-15N 115. “Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube recreates the sound that defined electric bass in virtual form,” IK Multimedia writes. “IK software engineers worked painstakingly with the Ampeg engineering team to ensure that each amplifier and cabinet model has been created with the same attention to detail and authenticity that goes into their physical counterparts.”
Ampeg SVX 2 for Amplitube works with IK’s iRig line of mobile interfaces as well, for recording and processing bass on the go or on the stage. It’s available now for $99.99 through the IK Multimedia website, the AmpliTube Custom Shop and participating IK retailers. Current Ampeg SVX users can upgrade for $49.99.
IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX 2 Features:
- Officially licensed by Ampeg
- 3 new amps (SVT-VR, V-4B, HERITAGE B-15N)
- 3 new matched cabinets (SVT-810 AV, SVT-212 AV, B-15N 115)
- Exact recreations of the originals thanks to IK’s 20 plus years of modeling experience
- Based on our breakthrough Dynamic Interaction Modeling technology
- Available à la carte inside the Custom Shop or as a whole collection
- Available as part of the SVX Power Duo Bundle (including AmpliTube 4, SVX and SVX 2)
- Perfect companion for MODO BASS for Mac/PC
- Runs inside any version of AmpliTube 4.3 or later (free or paid version)
- Expandable with more gear models via AmpliTube Custom Shop