Bass & Creativity: Melodic Development
Today we’ll be having a boot camp on melodic development with three concepts: repetition & modification, question & answer, and creating a path in your solo.
Utilizing these tools, you’ll be able to come up with tons of ideas to explore. Have fun with it!
Here’s a breakdown for the topics we’ll cover in the video below:
- 0:00 – Intro
- 0:24 – Concepts & Ideas
- 01:35 – Repetition & Modification of Ideas (Dm)
- 04:10 – Simplifying Ideas (Cm)
- 05:50 – Questions & Answers (Am)
- 09:06 – Pursuing the Inner Conversation (E7sus)
- 11:00 – Starting from an Ending Element of the Previous Fragment (Cm)
- 15:00 – Zooming on the Common Fragment
- 16:20 – Wrap up of the Concepts and Practice Directions