Ozzy Osbourne Releases “Patient Number 9” With Trujillo, McKagan, and Chaney
Ozzy Osbourne has followed up 2020’s Ordinary Man with another solo album, entitled Patient Number 9. His thirteenth was once again produced by Andrew Watt, who got Ozzy to work on Ordinary Man, and has a plethora of rock royalty at the behest of the Prince of Darkness.
Guitar duties are shared by Watt as well as Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Mike McCready, Zakk Wylde, and even Osbourne’s Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi. (It’s his first appearance on any of Osbourne’s solo work.) Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers plays drums, with late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins appearing on three songs.
On the low end of the frequency range are three monstrous bassists: Robert Trujillo of Metallica, Duff McKagan of Guns N’ Roses, and Chris Chaney from Jane’s Addiction. Trujillo, a former member of Osbourne’s solo band, performs on most of the tracks and even co-wrote the title track.
Patient Number 9 Track List:
- Patient Number 9 (feat. Jeff Beck)
- Immortal (feat. Mike McCready)
- Parasite (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- Mr. Darkness (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- One Of Those Days (feat. Eric Clapton)
- A Thousand Shades (feat. Jeff Beck)
- No Escape From Now (feat. Tony Iommi)
- Nothing Feels Right (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- Evil Shuffle (feat. Zakk Wylde)
- Degradation Rules (feat. Tony Iommi)
- Dead And Gone
- God Only Knows
- Darkside Blues