Here are the top 10 articles on No Treble last week.
1. Player News: RIP Tom “T-Bone” Wolk
Sad news to report: long-time Hall and Oates bassist Tom “T-Bone” Wolk, died Saturday, February 27th, of an apparent heart attack.
2. Contest: Win an Ansir Bravura Custom Bass
Ansir Music is sponsoring a bass giveaway this month on No Treble. One lucky reader will get a custom-built Ansir bass.
3. Gear Watch: Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass
Fender is celebrating the 50th anniversary of their Jazz Bass model with a special edition that brings together features of the past and present.
4. Gear Watch: Warwick Robert Trujillo Streamer Signature Bass
Warwick is celebrating its new affiliation with Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo by introducing the Robert Trujillo Streamer Signature Bass.
5. Sheet Music: Hal Leonard announces new Jaco Pastorius Bass Method Book
Hal Leonard has announced the release of the Jaco Pastorius Bass Method. The method is penned by Ray Peterson, a bassist who was one of Jaco’s private students.
6. Interview: An Interview with Miles Mosley
In this wide-ranging interview with No Treble, Miles Mosley talks about his life as a bassist, his inspiration and his approach to pushing the sonic envelope.
Two masters at work. ‘Nuff said.
8. Ask Damian Erskine: Gigging half-heartedly?
Damian answers a reader’s question: “Have you ever felt, for any reason, like NOT doing a gig and if so, for what reasons?”
9. Lesson: Crafting your Core Sound
As an upright player you have to make many moving parts work together in order to get the tone you want. Both hands play different roles in crafting your tone, but the real voice of our instrument comes from the bow. If you are new to the upright and haven’t taken the time to really find and fine tune your instruments voice this is the lesson for you.
10. Player Spotlight: Toby Webb
Meet bassist Toby Webb, our player in the spotlight for March 2, 2010.