Industrial Radio has released the Standard Midi Bass 4, a hybrid bass guitar and MIDI controller that connects and controls synthesizer and sampler technology. The fret-sensing neck and multi-sensor approach to MIDI conversion is designed for both the studio and live environments.
The bass is also a standard bass guitar, so bassists can enjoy real bass and switch to synth at any time.
Build time is twelve weeks, and the bass retails for $2,495.00 (US). The price includes the bass, Midi Bass Module, 8-pin Midi cable and a hardshell case. The bass is also available as a left-handed model.
Standard Midi Bass 4 features:
- Black satin finish
- 34” scale Bolt-on maple neck with satin finish
- Optional matching painted headstock
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Agathis tonewood body
- White or black pickguard
- Passive, single-coil pickups
- Controls – MIDI Volume, Front Pickup Volume, Back Pickup Volume, Passive Tone
- Chrome hardware
MIDI system features:
- Industry-leading low latency MIDI tracking
- Latency is consistent across full range of bass from high notes to low notes
- Features both monophonic and polyphonic modes
- Sophisticated operating system with highly-configurable settings to ensure optimum performance and compatibility with all MIDI-enabled synths and sound modules
- Intuitive user interface with on-board display – control Midi Bass settings direct on the bass from the fingerboard
- 40 programmable performance presets
Standard Midi Bass 4 demo:
For more information, visit Industrial Radio’s website.