Aguilar Amplification’s latest addition to the world of lightweight amplifiers is the Tone Hammer 500, a 500 watt bass amp weighing in at just four pounds.
The amp utilizes the same preamp found in Aguilar’s Tone Hammer D.I./preamp pedal, with bass, treble and sweepable midrange controls. The Drive control uses the company’s proprietary AGS circuit, which adds subtle distortion and EQ to the sound for added punch.
The Tone Hammer 500 will begin shipping in March, 2011, with a street price of $699.00.
Tone Hammer 500 Specs
- Power Output: 500 watts into 4 ohms, 250 watts into 8 ohms
- Preamp Section: Solid State
- Power Section: Class D
- Transformer: Switching mode power supply (SMPS)
- EQ Section: (specs coming soon)
- Drive Control: Fully adjustable, featuring Aguilar’s proprietary AGS(adaptive gain shaping) circuit.
- Effects Loop: Series operation. Adds 6 dB of additional gain, making it useful for a broad range of effects units.
- Inputs: One 1/4″ input jack, compatible with all active and passive basses
- Speaker Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs
- Balanced Output: XLR balanced output with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch
- Tuner output
- Cooling: Two high quality whisper fans with thermal speed control
- Dimensions: 10.75”W X 8.5”D X 2.75”H
For more information, visit Aguilar’s website.