After appearing on a couple dates of Prince’s “Welcome 2 America” tour, Larry Graham has announced a string of initial US concerts for his band, Graham Central Station. Though the calendar only includes six dates, the slap bass pioneer posted on his website, sharing the “Funk Around the World” Tour will soon include more shows, including stops at cities around the world.
Graham, often cited as being the innovator of the electric slap bass style, took Graham Central Station out last year for an extensive tour schedule spanning the globe. He’s offering a special ticket package via website for the dates at Yoshi’s in San Francisco. The deal includes a general admission ticket, a GCS t-shirt and an autographed picture of you and Larry together, for $60.
The following dates have been announced:
- April 8 – Yoshi’s – San Francisco, California
- April 9 – Yoshi’s – San Francisco, California
- June 3 – BB King’s – New York, New York
- June 4 – Merriweather Post Pavilion – Columbia, Maryland
- August 13 – Aarons Ampitheatre – Atlanta Georgia
- August 14 – Hollywood Bowl – Los Angeles, California