Primus will be hitting the road again this Fall, just in time for their new album Green Naugahyde to drop. The tour, which starts September 23rd in Boston, Massachusetts, will snake through the East Coast with two Canadian stops before heading west and ending October 22nd in Los Angeles.
Bassist Les Claypool and the rest of the oddball trio have announced they will be playing two sets per night.
Available September 23rd with pre-orders open now, Green Naugahyde will be Primus’s first studio album in 12 years following 1999’s Antipop. The album brings the return of former drummer Jay Lane, but also a slight return to their Fizzle Fry sound.
Claypool says they may play it in full for the upcoming trek.
“I do see this new album as something we can easily play in its entirety,” he told Rolling Stone. “It has that flow to it, just like Frizzle Fry was. To me, it’s like a film. I have a feeling that whether it’s some small venues or pre-tour shows, we’ll probably end up playing the album in its entirety. If it works out well, we’ll probably go out and do that.”
Primus North American Fall Tour Dates:
- September 23, 2011: The Orpheum – Boston, MA
- September 26, 2011: The National – Richmond, VA
- September 27, 2011: Palace Theatre – Albany, NY
- September 30, 2011: Roseland Ballroom – New York, NY
- October 1, 2011: Tower Theatre – Upper Darby, PA
- October 2, 2011: State Theatre – Portland, ME
- October 4, 2011: Metropolis – Monteal, QE
- October 5, 2011: Massey Hall – Toronto, ON
- October 7, 2011: Stage AE – Pittsburgh, PA
- October 8, 2011: Main Street Armory – Rochester, NY
- October 10, 2011: Louisville Palace – Louisville, KY
- October 11, 2011: Michigan Theater – Ann Arbor, MI
- October 13, 2011: Orpheum Theater – Madison, WI
- October 14, 2011: The Congress – Chicago, IL
- October 15, 2011: Val Air Ballroom – Des Moines, IA
- October 17, 2011: Ogden – Denver, CO
- October 18, 2011: Ogden – Denver, CO
- October 20, 2011: Mesa Amphitheater – Mesa, AZ
- October 22, 2011: The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA