Fender is once again shipping the Jaguar Bass, which was discontinued last year. Originally introduced in 2006, the Fender Deluxe Jaguar Bass now comes in three finishes: 3-Color Sunburst, Candy Apple Red, and Cobalt Blue.
The Jaguar bass features an alder body, a C-shaped maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets. Aged white pearloid block inlays pay homage to the style of yesteryear while serving as solid position markers.
A pair of vintage-style single coil Jazz bass pickups are included with active and passive circuits. The switching system is back, with on/off slide switches for each pickup on the lower horn and a series/parallel slide switch. The upper horn holds an active/passive slide switch and dual active-circuit tone control wheels for adjusting treble and bass.
The Fender Deluxe Jaguar Bass has an MSRP of $1,099.99. For more info, visit the Fender website.
Fender Jaguar Bass Specs:
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, C-Shape
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Aged White Pearloid Block Position Inlays
- Nut Width: 1.5”
- Scale: 34”
- Pickups: 2 Vintage Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickups
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off slide switches, one for each pickup, 1-Series/Parallel slide switch (operates only when both pickups are on)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Preamp Treble Control Wheel, Preamp Bass Control Wheel, Preamp On/Off Slide Switch
- Bridge: Vintage Style 4-Saddle Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome