Fender Reintroduces Jaguar Bass
Fender is once again shipping the Jaguar Bass, which was discontinued last year. Originally introduced in 2006, the Fender Deluxe Jaguar Bass now comes in three finishes: 3-Color Sunburst, Candy Apple Red, and Cobalt Blue.
The Jaguar bass features an alder body, a C-shaped maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets. Aged white pearloid block inlays pay homage to the style of yesteryear while serving as solid position markers.
A pair of vintage-style single coil Jazz bass pickups are included with active and passive circuits. The switching system is back, with on/off slide switches for each pickup on the lower horn and a series/parallel slide switch. The upper horn holds an active/passive slide switch and dual active-circuit tone control wheels for adjusting treble and bass.
The Fender Deluxe Jaguar Bass has an MSRP of $1,099.99. For more info, visit the Fender website.
Fender Jaguar Bass Specs:
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, C-Shape
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Aged White Pearloid Block Position Inlays
- Nut Width: 1.5”
- Scale: 34”
- Pickups: 2 Vintage Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickups
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off slide switches, one for each pickup, 1-Series/Parallel slide switch (operates only when both pickups are on)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Preamp Treble Control Wheel, Preamp Bass Control Wheel, Preamp On/Off Slide Switch
- Bridge: Vintage Style 4-Saddle Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome