Ibanez has extended their Grooveline series with the introduction of the G106, a six-string version of the ergonomically-minded model. Made in Ibanez’s Japanese factory, the bass is designed for optimized balance in sitting and standing positions.
The G106’s body features an alder center and ash for the top and back, all in a natural finish. Its 5-piece neck is built with wenge and bubinga and is reinforced with KTS titanium rods. The rosewood fretboard holds 22 medium frets treated with the company’s Prestige fret edge treatment.
Electronics on the bass include a pair of CAP Sonic Arch pickups, which are humbuckers with blade polepieces, and a bypass-able 3-band EQ. Hardware includes Gotoh GB350 tuners, a Tight End bridge with saddle lock system, and a black TUSQ XL nut.
The Ibanez Grooveline G106 is available now with a street price of $2,499. For more, check out the Ibanez website.
Ibanez Grooveline G106NT Bass Specs:
- Neck: 5-piece Wenge/Bubinga neck w/KTS TITANIUM rods
- Body: ash top/Alder/Ash back body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard
- Fret: 22 Medium frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Bridge: Tight-End Bass 6 bridge
- Pickups: CAP Sonic Arch6
- Equalizer: E6 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch
- Nut Saddles: BLACK TUSQ XL nut
- Hardware Color: Cosmo black
- Case/Bag: Hardshell case included