This week we take a look at the Fclef Custom Series II Bass. Introduced as part of their 10th anniversary, the Custom Series II model builds upon their Custom Series and is handcrafted in the United States. The company also boasts that each member of the crew is a bass player, which gets a big thumbs up in our book.
The Custom Series II is a J-style bass designed to bring together aspects of both vintage and modern stylings. Since each is handmade, there are plenty of standard options, including the number of strings, the body wood, the fingerboard wood, the inlays, and the finish. The pickups are either a pair of Seymour Duncan “Vintage Single Coils” made custom for Fclef or a set of Nordstrand Custom Single Coils. Fclef offers Vintage ’60s, ’70s, or custom pickup positioning to get the tone where you like it.
Digging into the custom options, the Series II can be fitted with short or extended scale, a range of exotic top woods, a chambered body and much more. For more, check out the Fclef Basses website.
Fclef Custom Series II Bass Photo Gallery:
Fclef Custom Series II Bass Specs:
- Strings: 4, 5, or 6
- Fretted or Fretless
- Construction type: Solid Body/Bolt On
- Scale length: 34”
- Strings spacing at bridge: 19mm
- Frets: 24
- Frets size: Medium
- Nut: Bone
- Body woods: Alder, Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Neck shape: D
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Maple, Indian Ebony
- Fingerboard inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots or Blank Fingerboard
- Finish Type: Satin Neck, Satin Fingerboard, Satin Body
- Hardware: Hipshot
- Hardware Color: Black or Chrome
- Pick ups: Seymour Duncan Custom made for Fclef “Vintage Single Coils” or Nordstrand Custom Single Coils
- Pick Ups Position: Vintage 60’s, Vintage 70’s, or Custom
- Electronics: Active/Passive 18v, 2 band Circuit & 3-band