Carvin has announced the BX700, an evolved version of their BX500 bass amplifier. The new head unit combines a Class A preamp with a Class D power section rated up to 700 watts at two ohms.
Remodeled in a red-faced chassis, the BX700’s controls include three EQ sections. The Contour knob controls an adjustable preset EQ curve that is flat when turned off and creates a mid-scoop when turned up to accent highs and lows. The 4-Band Tone system has two sweepable mid controls along with bass and treble knobs. Finally, a 9-band graphic EQ lays out defined frequencies for tweaking.
Besides three transparent limiters, the amp has a built-in compressor. It also has a 12AX7 tube that can be introduced to add warmth to your tone. Other controls include a Drive, a DI Level, and a Mute switch. Connectivity on the back of the BX700 includes a Direct Output with Pre/Post switch, a Headphones/Tuner output, an Effects Loop, and Speakon speaker outputs.
The Carvin BX700 is available direct for $449. For more info, check out the Carvin website.
Carvin BX700 Specs:
- Output Power: 8 Ohms: 300w, 4 Ohms: 550w, 2 Ohms: 700w (with 2 Ohm Switch)
- Input Impedance: >200Kohms
- Output Mode: High Efficiency CLASS D technology
- Power Supply: High Efficiency High Frequency switching
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB 20 Hz – 20 kHz amplifier section
- Damping Factor: >300
- Preamp: 3 stage CLASS A
- Passive/Active Input: 10 dB gain switch – accommodates all basses
- Preamp Tube: 12AX7 switchable in/out
- Bass/Treble: +/-12 dB at 50 Hz and +/-12 dB at 10kHz
- Contour control: Flat to -15 dB at 500 Hz
- 1 Low Mid Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 50 to 500 Hz
- 2 Hi Mid Parametric: +/- 12 dB sweepable 200 to 2kHz
- Graphic Equalizer: 9 band +/- 10 dB @ 50,80,125,250,500,800,1.3k,2.6k,5k
- Compressor/Limiter: up to 3:1 compression ratio. Convenient one knob control
- DI Out: -50 to +4 dBu adjustable, DC isolated XLR output
- Effects Loop: -10dBV, buffered – FS22 Footswitch: Graphic EQ on/off, MUTE on/off
- Soft Start: gradually turns on the amp to prevent surges that can trip circuit breakers
- Speaker Protection: protection circuit immediately disconnects your speakers
- Over-Current: protected, Under-Voltage protected, Thermal protected
- AC Voltage Input: 90-250V, 50-60 Hz – Power Requirements: 500VA
- Dimensions: 3.25″ high (with feet) X 14.0″ wide X 9″ deep
- Net Weight: 5.9 lbs. net (2.65 kgs)
- Made in the USA