Chuck Sher: Foundation Exercises for Bass
Chuck Sher has released Foundation Exercises for Bass, a new method book for beginner bassists looking to learn how to create bass parts through the intermediate level.
The 87-page book offers a well thought-out, foundational approach, helping conceptualize many overlooked aspects of playing, such as time and feel.
Foundation Exercises for Bass covers:
- The basic scales and chords used in contemporary music
- How to count rhythms and improvise around them
- Correct hand positions, fingerings and shifting
- Training your ear to identify music that’s inside you, or that others play
- A painless way to learn to read music, starting with fingerboard diagrams
- How to connect the roots of chord progressions to create a solid foundation for a band
- Sample grooves in different styles of music, including the blues
- A way to practice that lets you create your own music, in whatever style you want, right from the beginning