Gear Watch: TC Electronic BH500
TC Electronic has announced the BH500, their newest addition to their Bass Amp 2.0 line up. The BH500 provides two tone-shaping tools, TubeTone and SpectraComp, with three user memory settings.
SpectraComp is a conventional compressor taken from TC’s RH450, offering “per-string” multi-band compression to even out compression across all strings.
TubeTone, also originally offered in the RH450, is designed to overcome the issue of trying to replicate tube sound with one small preamp tube, when the characteristics of a full preamp and power amp are essential to delivering classic tube warmth and punch.
The BH500 also includes a built-in tuner, a 4-band EQ with TweeterTone, balanced XLR output, and an AUX input for playing along to music on a portable device.
BH500 Tech Specs
- Input connector: 1/4” jack
- Input impedance: 1 MOhm / 100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 36dB
- Bass: Center Freq: 100Hz (Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Low Mid: Center Freq: 335Hz (Gain: +15/-24dB)
- High Mid: Center Freq: 900Hz (Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Treble: Center Freq: 1600Hz @ Gain: -24 to 0dB; 4000Hz @ Gain 0 to +15dB
- Tweeter Tone: 0 to 10, L-PAD Cabinet Recreation
- Tube Tone: 0 to 10, Tube amp Recreation
- Spectra Comp: 3 band Spectral Compression
- User Memories: 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
- Tuner: Bass Tuner, “On” when muted
- Tuning range: B0 (30.87Hz) to G4 (392.00Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level / Headphones Output: Studio quality headphone amp
- HP Out Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply: 100 – 120V~ or 220 – 240V~ 50/60Hz (65W @ 1/8 of Max. Output)
- Power rating: 500w (1000w Peak)
- Speaker output: Neutrik Speakon
- Balanced output: Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Bal. Out Max.: +2dBu
- Bal. Out Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Rehearsal input: RCA, Left/Right input, fits to iPod
- Dimensions: 462 x 135 x 380 mm / 18.7” x 5.4” x 15.0”
- Weight: 13 kg / 29 pounds
- Finish: Tolex covered. Handcrafted wooden box
The BH500 has a MSRP of $699 and will be available in November 2010. For more, visit TC Electronic’s website.