Gear Watch: Source Audio Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter
Source Audio has released their newest bass pedal, the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter. The pedal features 21 different filter sounds ranging from “Two Pole Filters, Four Pole Filters, Single Peak Filters, Triple Peak Filters, Peak and Notch Filters, and Phasers.” The filters can then be modulated via positive or negative sweeps, frequency range of the sweeps, and attack/decay speeds.
The pedal can also be controlled by Source Audio’s Hot Hand motion sensing ring, which responds to movement. It can be worn as a ring, but the demo video shows the ring attached to a bass headstock, so the filter sweeps move with the bass’s motion.
Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter Specs:
- 21 Filter Sounds including 2 Pole Low Pass, 4 Pole Low Pass, Single Peak, Triple Peak, Peak and Notch and Phasers.
- Positive and Negative filter sweep with variable range and sensitivity.
- Dual range speed control allows equal adjustment of Attack and Decay speeds, or alternatively, a fixed, fast attack and adjustable Decay.
- Modern Design — a thoughtfully designed box that features rugged construction and sleek looks.
- State-of-the-art DSP — our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
- Motion Control — all Soundblox™ pedals are “Hot Hand® Ready” and can be used with any Hot Hand motion sensor to extend the capabilities of the unit.
- Active Analog Bypass — bypass is fully routed around the DSP and active input ensures zero signal degradation.
- Dimensions: 7 in/17.8cm (length not including 1/O jacks) x in/10/2 cm (width) x 2 in/5cm (height, including knobs).
- Power supply not included