Ibanez Releases New SR Premium Series Basses
Ibanez has unveiled a new take on their SR series with four new models. The SR Premium basses are built at Ibanez’s premium factory and all feature USA Nordstrand “Big Single” pickups, a first for any of the company’s basses.
Each model also includes their EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ that has a Mid frequency switch and an EQ bypass switch for tonal flexibility. Mono-Rail IV bridges with locking saddles are included, which are designed to allow each string to vibrate fully without being affected by other strings.
All the models have a Mahogany body, 5-piece Wenge and Bubinga neck, Rosewood fingerboards, and Abalone oval inlays for fret markers. Differences lie in the top, which for the SR1400E and SR1405E is a figured Maple top. Their counterparts, the SR1200E and SR1205E, have Ovangkol tops.
The Ibanez SR Premium basses will be available this summer with prices ranging from $999 to $1,149. For more, visit the Ibanez website.
Ibanez SR Premium Series Specs:
- Made by Ibanez Premium factory
- USA Nordstrand “Big Single” pickups
- EQB-IIISC 3-band EQ, with Mid frequency switch and eq bypass switch
- Mono-Rail IV bridge with locking
- Includes special gig bag
- Neck Material: 5pc Wenge/Bubinga
- Body: Mahogany body/
- Top: Figured Maple top on 1400E and 1405E, Ovangkol on 1200E and 1205E
- Frets: Medium frets
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Abalone oval inlay
- HW Color: Gold
- Finishes: VNF