Tech 21 Releases Boost Chorus Bass Pedal
Tech 21 has unveiled a new two new Boost Chorus pedals, including a bass specific version. The new Boost Chorus Bass, which can be used to obtain slapback, echo, flanging, and doubling effects, was designed after ‘70s vintage choruses, to mimic their richness.
To get a chorus sound without making “seasick tones,” Tech 21 added a Detune knob that adds girth by adjusting the pitch of the second voice, even when the Speed and Depth controls are set to minimum. Of course, you can still turn them up for more modulation. A Multi-Voice switch also thickens up your sound by throwing in additional voicings.
The Boost Chorus Bass has all-analog Tone and Level Controls, as well as an all-analog Mix knob that gives you everywhere from 0-100% wet. The pedal is powered by either a 9V battery or optional DC power supply, and features Buffered Bypass, which reduces pops and clicks while eliminating signal loss. It is available for an MSRP of $249, with Street price being closer to $190.
Tech 21 Boost Chorus Bass Pedal Specs:
- 100% analog Mix, Tone and Level controls
- Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Speed and Depth work in conjunction to control their respective functions of the modulation.
- Detune knob alters the choral voicing up or down, giving you a chorus sound without modulation when Speed and Depth are set at minimum.
- Multi Voice switch provides additional choral voicings.
- Buffered bypass
- Custom, silent-switching actuator.
- Heavy duty, all metal construction.
- Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 Model #DC2).
For more info, visit Tech 21’s website.